Integration of AI and IoT:
The Internet of Things is becoming smarter and intelligent every day. Industries are incorporating artificial intelligence and machine learning with their IoT (Internet of things) applications. Artificial intelligence is playing a productive role in IoT based applications. For the past 2 years, the merge of AI and IOT collectively called AIOT (Artificial Intelligence of things) has gained much importance. AI is used in automatic detection of patterns and anomalies in data—We obtain from sensors in IoT applications. These AI techniques integrated with the internet of things have made predictions 20 times earlier and more accurate. These AIOT based systems are now used vastly in Real-time operating systems. Human data is also extracted in these systems through other AI-based technologies such as computer vision and speech recognition.
MOTIVE BEHIND INTEGRATION OF AI AND IOT:
Realizing the long run and full potential of IoT devices would force investment in new technologies. The convergence of AI (Artificial Intelligence) and IoT will redefine the approach in industries, business, enterprise, and economies’ functions. AI-enabled IoT creates intelligent machines that simulate good behavior and supports in deciding with very little or no human interference.
Combining these 2 streams edges the human and specialists alike. whereas IoT tackles with devices interacting exploitation the net, AI makes the devices learn from their information/data and skill. This article highlights why we’d like IoT and AI to figure along. IoT refers to the collection of data from billions of sensors and physical devices across the globe. It is intelligent only to communicate the human. But AI with IoT implementing machine learning techniques to make machines smarter enough to make the decisions.
Benefits of AI integration With IoT:
The emerging integration of AI with IoT has impacted the whole industry of science and technology. Nowadays, industries are converting their applications in this automated model of AI an IoT. The business has gained a lot of fruit from this combination of AI and IoT. Let us discuss some benefits of this new technology—AIOT.
- DEEPER CUSTOMER-EMPLOYEE RELATIONSHIP: this combination of AI and IoT helping the business sector to improve customer experience. both the employee and customers are seen impacted by AIOT in business. Enterprises square measure mistreatment these rising technologies to assemble massive knowledge regarding customers in the period. This huge inflow of information is controlled in order that businesses will develop merchandise and services that best work the customer’s wants. AI and IoT each play a big role during this method. Additionally, to merely storing huge knowledge, enterprises will automatize the complete method of organizing knowledge in order that the client will receive a speedy response. As client expectations increase, they are reaching to expect this immediate reaction.
- OPERATION EFFICIENCY: AI with IoT is boosting operational efficiency. Due to the combination of these two technologies, we are experiencing more “connected intelligence” due to predictive analysis by machine learning techniques. Data collection from these IoT based devices and using machine learning techniques to draw patterns on this data help to produce better outcomes. Thus, AIOT gives a whole insight into a device by drawing a pattern.
- RISK MANAGEMENT: Integrating AI and IoT help businesses to know further as it predicts a broad range of threats, risks, and automatizes enterprise for the instant response. Thereby, it permits them to handle greater loss, workers’ safety, and cybersecurity threats.
- BUDGET CONTROL: Integration of AI and IOT has proved much cost-friendly in industry and enterprises. AI can easily analyze data obtained from IoT devices to check the cost and determine whether the project is cost-friendly or not. There are other many examples available in the market such as in the energy sector, and the influence utility company will leverage these technologies to work out once darkness occurs, and the machine learning will mechanically raise thermostats in sure homes to forestall the darkness. while not this technology, the facility utility company would waste a good deal of your time and resources making an attempt to revive service.
- Real-time monitoring and action: this combination of two technologies help in real-time monitoring of the situation and immediate action/response by systems. Google Maps is one of the great examples of such systems. Google maps analyze the traffic in real-time and provide us with alternate routes when the situation is not good for traveling.
Examples of AI and IoT:
Here I am going to share some examples of AI and IoT currently working now:
DIGITAL ASSISTANTS: digital assistants are becoming popular nowadays which is a great combination of these two technologies. Suppose, you are doing some physical work, not able to call anyone, your IoT based phone will assist you. You simply say it call the mom and it will automatically search the contacts and boom—your work is done.
SMART HOMES: IoT alloyed with AI has conjointly resulted in the existence of smart homes conception. Smart homes have all the gadgets and devices connected to every different with the assistance of IoT and these devices conjointly possess the power to form sensible selections with the assistance of AI. Smart homes tend to form our lives easier by giving everyone the facility to manage their devices even remotely. as an example, we will pre-decide the time of shift on the tv or creating a decision to the hearth department in-case of the fireplace. It has greatly reduced the cost and boost the efficiency of devices.
Manufacturing ROBOTS: The manufacturing industry in IoT is making great advances using technologies like AI, deep learning, Natural language processing, and face recognition, etc. Manufacturing robots along with data from implanted sensors and AI algorithms injected are becoming smarter each day. These robots are saving both time and cost-efficiently.
Retail Analyzer: Retail analytics involves various information points from cameras and sensors to look at customers’ movement and to predict after they can reach the queue. Thereby, the system will recommend dynamic staffing levels to scale back the checkout and will increase the productivity of the cashiers.
FUTURE OF AI POWERED IOT DEVICES:
The future of AI-powered IoT devices is very bright as the whole industry and enterprise is now using this technology for their benefits. Here is some of the applications industry expected from this field
Facial recognition has created some large leaps and bounds within the last 5 years alone, and from police investigation to promoting, it appears safe to mention that its applications haven’t been broached. firms like Kairos are honed in on promoting applications already, brandishing marquee purchasers like Nike and IMB on their homepage.
SMART SECURITY: companies like Access Control Technologies are already furthering the utilization of key fob technologies for unlocking the doors and uses of kit. Even in organizations with well beneath 1000 workers, computer science and AI can be accustomed confirm regular access patterns of various workers or roles and tiers of workers – providing insight for future workplace layouts, and doubtless sleuthing suspicious activity